However, mustard oil contributes towards a range of health benefits as well.
Here are our top 5 picks for health benefits of using mustard oil:
1. Stimulates Blood FlowThe oil can help relieve pain and provide relaxation to stressed and overworked muscles, and an increase in blood flow or circulation achieved by massage can help benefit the body because increased blood circulation improves oxygen-rich blood flow to the extremities and vital organs.
2. Pain Associated with InflammationMassage with mustard oil may provide relief for rheumatism, arthritis, sprains and aches. The selenium present in the oil reduces effects of inflammation induced by asthma and joint pain by massaging the joints and the entire body with mustard oil.
3. Improves Hair HealthMustard seed oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids, it helps our hair grow and become healthier. Massage with mustard oil followed by a hot towel wrap makes your hair look shiny and gives it an uplifting bounce.
4. Benefits the SkinMustard oil is often applied externally, especially during massages. The oil has high levels of vitamin E, which helps improve skin health. It can help protect the skin against free radical damage from ultraviolet light and pollution, and helps to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Boosts Cardiac HealthThe oil is rich in monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats, both of which help lower bad cholesterol and raise good HDL cholesterol. Improving your cholesterol balance also helps lower triglycerides, or blood fat levels, which can in turn prevent obesity, kidney disease and hyperthyroidism, in addition to improving heart health.
To harness the best from this magical oil, its very important that only the best quality oil that’s been obtained after cold pressing the mustard seeds. Raishakti by Pitambari is one such authentic mustard oil that is available in India that is pure and organic to be used for health purposes.