1. Raw mango and papaya salad
Ready in a jiffy, it is wholesome and tasty.
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
· 2 raw papaya
· 2 raw mangoes
· 2 raw carrots
· 50gms Ruchiyana Jaggery Powder
· 1 tsp. lemon juice
· 2 garlic cloves
· ½ red chili
· 2 tbsp. olive oil
· 250gms cherry tomatoes
· 3-4 stems of coriander
· 50gms roasted peanuts
· 50gms toasted sesame seeds
How to prepare
- Peel raw papaya, mangoes, & carrots,
- Chop and shred these in a food processor.
- Make a dressing of jaggery powder, lemon juice, crushed garlic, chopped red chili & olive oil.
- Add some halved cherry tomatoes, roasted peanuts & roughly chopped fresh coriander to the salad.
- Pour the dressing atop & serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds.
2. Tacos with spicy chicken filling
Quick, easy and filled with crisp veggies for a happy tummy!
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
USE TACO SHELLS: Cook for about 15 seconds, then flip over and fold theshell in half, holding in place with the tongs until crispy, about 15 seconds. You may need a little practice at first. Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with salt while still hot. Use for tacos right away, or they may become chewy.
- 1 chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, ground into paste
- 1 tsp fresh ginger paste
- 1 tsp fresh garlic paste
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Ruchiyana Jaggery Powder
- 1 tsp dried herbs, oregano
- 2 Tbsp oil
HOW TO PREPARE
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger pastes and sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for 4-5 minutes until the mixture is nice and pulpy.
- Add paprika, jaggery and salt, and mix well. Tip in the chicken cubes, coat well in the mixture. Cover the pan with a lid and allow it to cook for 7-8 minutes until done.
- Mix in the oregano and check seasoning.
- Load the tacos with the spicy chicken filling, fresh greens, cream cheese or hung yoghurt and serve immediately.